The Food Bank of Northeast Louisiana is holding a Poster Contest for their 2018 Empty Bowls event. All artists are encouraged to submit entries following the guidelines below.
- The contest is open to artists of any age – students through adult.
- Entries must contain original artwork.
- The artwork needs to be created in a vertical (portrait) design, in the following size: 11” x 17″.
- All entries should include the following text: “Empty Bowls – A Serving of Food, Art and Music”. A graphic artist will later overlay date, time and location information.
- Participants should submit their unique interpretation of Empty Bowls – A Serving of Food, Art and Music. Artwork can be an original painting, drawing, photo, computer generated illustration or screen print.
- First Place: $100
- Each Entry: $15 ticket to Empty Bowls event
Submission Deadline: November 30th 2017
- Voting will be done by the public at December 7th Art Crawl
- Entries can be submitted electronically (preferred) to email@example.com or original artwork can be dropped off to the Food Bank offices (4600 Central Avenue, Monroe, LA 71203).
- Resolution / File Format – Artwork should be a minimum of 300DPI and in .JPG,.TIFF or .PDF format.
- Include full name of artist, email address, phone number, and school / organization (if applicable)
About Empty Bowls
Empty Bowls is a unique fundraising event where artists come together to craft and donate hundreds of bowls to be sold as part of this special event. This family friendly lunch event supports the Food Bank of Northeast Louisiana’s fight against hunger in our community. The goal is to raise awareness for hunger while also raising critical funds to provide food assistance to those struggling with hunger locally.
With the price of an event ticket, guests can choose a beautiful bowl to take home as a reminder of all of the empty bowls in our community. A tasting of signature dishes from multiple local restaurants will be served, accompanied by music, activities and a silent auction. Ticket sales support the fight against hunger through the Food Bank of Northeast Louisiana. In its first year, the 2017 Empty Bowls event sold out of bowl tickets and received wide support from the community. For tickets or more information, visit www.EmptyBowlsNELA.com