From June 4 – 15, 2018, CenturyLink is partnering with 150 Food Banks across the nation to fight hunger, and The Food Bank of Northeast Louisiana has been selected as one of the participants. The CenturyLink Campaign to Fight Hunger is an online fund-drive that provides matching donations that are made through the site – up to $100,000!
Help The Food Bank of Northeast Louisiana secure the full matching gift during the most food insecure time of year—the summer! There are two ways you can participate:
Visit www.centurylink.com/fooddrive and select Food Bank of Northeast Louisiana as the beneficiary. *Donations made through the Food Bank’s website (foodbanknela.org) will not qualify for the match.
If you do not have access to the internet and would like to participate, please call 318-322-3567. A Food Bank staff member will enter your donation information on the CenturyLink site to qualify your gift for this special match.
Thank you for your partnership and giving to this special and unique campaign. Your generosity continues to make a difference for our neighbors in need across Northeast Louisiana!
Did you know:
- Over 71,000 people in Northeast Louisiana face hunger – That’s 1 in 5 of our neighbors!
- For every $10 donated to the Food Bank of NELA, we can provide 55 meals to people struggling with hunger.
- In 2017, the Food Bank of NELA distributed over 5.1 million pounds of food to people in need.
- 24,000 people are served every month by our network of partners and programs.
- The Food Bank of NELA’s BackPacks for Kids program provides 800 bags of food every week during the school year.
- Over 1,400 low income senior citizens receive monthly groceries through the Food Bank of NELA’s Senior program.