COVID-19 Volunteer Changes:
Age 18 and up only. If you are in a high risk category, please consider staying home for your safety.
At the Food Bank of Northeast Louisiana, there is no higher priority than the safety of our volunteers, staff and the community we serve. The Food Bank of Northeast Louisiana is actively monitoring developments related to COVID-19 (coronavirus). In addition to our year-round daily cleaning measures, throughout the day and in between every volunteer group, we are sanitizing common surface areas including door hardware, tables, seats, etc.
Volunteers will also be asked not to volunteer if any of the below apply:
· Are you (or someone in your household) experiencing flu-like symptoms (defined by coughing, fever, respiratory symptoms or stomach virus symptoms or have had these symptoms recently?
· Have you traveled to China, South Korea, Iran, Italy or Japan within the past 14 days?
· Have you knowingly had contact with a traveler who recently visited China, South Korean, Iran, Italy or Japan within the past 14 days, or a person who was experiencing flu like symptoms within the past 14 days?
The hundreds of volunteers who donate thousands of hours each year make it possible for us to serve many thousands of people who would otherwise go hungry. We invite you to become a Food Bank Volunteer!
Our Volunteers Are:
- Young and old
- Retired and employed
- Individuals and groups
- Students fulfilling community service requirements
- Church, social, civic, business, and school groups
- Community organizations and clubs
- Pack food boxes
- Sort products into categories
- Deliver monthly food boxes to senior citizens
- Assist in special events
- Perform office and clerical duties
- Drive our vans to pick-up food
Our Volunteers Work:
- Typical office hours Monday-Thursday
- During special dates after hours
Whatever your schedule your assistance is welcome; in fact, we cannot accomplish our mission of feeding the hungry without you. To join us, fill out the Sign Up form below.